How to be a GOOD Friend in BAD Times
None of us are immune to experiencing bad things, or having hard seasons in life. While going through hard times we tend to feel alone, when it’s far from the case. But how can you show your friends and loved ones the support that they need? Below are a few ideas – for folks close by, or far away, free or with a cost, the end result is the same. And that is to make sure that they know they are not alone, that they are supported, and that you’re thinking of them.
If you’re reading this, you’re already a good friend because you care! Below are just a few ideas of things to do or give to someone who is going through a hard time.
If you are looking for ways to show support to someone who lives close by, you can choose to do one (or more) of the below
- Visit with them, be present with them, give them a hug.
- Do some chores for them, bring groceries, do the laundry, entertain the kids so they can get a break, mow the lawn.
- Bring baked goods or a meal over.
- Be the organizer for a meal train.
- Porch drops – this is a new thing to me, but it’s when you bring over something without the expectation of being entertained, or the recipient needing to have showered. It can be a meal, flowers, a gift basket filled with CVS treats, or even Chick fil A.
(some of the items are linked below and go directly to the item on Amazon)
- Self care items
- Lip balm
- Bath salts/ bath bombs
- Face masks
- Prayer beads
- Coffee mugs/Water bottles
- Specialty Teas/Coffees
- Gift Cards (Target, Starbucks, Amazon, Panera, Nordstrom, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Chick Fil A, etc)
- Inspirational quotes to frame or hang up
- Mascara (waterproof)
Throughout the years I’ve received so many wonderful books. Depending on the current season your friend or loved one is in, here are a few to consider!
BigSisSays.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to amazon.com. By clicking on the link, you are brought directly to the item I recommend. If you purchase it, the website will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you. So thanks!